More Wedding Information
More Wedding Information
- All church related wedding events must be scheduled within your four hour time block. Use care when scheduling your wedding time and photos to fit in your specific time block.
- Please stress the importance of your entire wedding party arriving on time so your special occasion doesn’t run late.
- Please note that we cannot be responsible for receiving or caring for wedding attire brought to the church in advance or left after the wedding.
- An ordained minister from another church may participate in the wedding ceremony provided that he/she receives an invitation from the officiating First United Methodist Church minister and he/she agrees to act under their leadership.
- The minister will request one or more meetings with you. Please call the wedding coordinator, Kelly Hewes, at (208) 352-2756 to set up appointments with your officiating minister for sessions to plan your wedding service and go over your vows. They should be made at least two months before your wedding date.
- Please feel free to talk with the pastor or wedding coordinator about any questions you have concerning your wedding. We want to help you make it the beautiful and meaningful occasion that it should be.
- The Wedding Coordinator, Kelly Hewes, or her associates, will assist you with your wedding plans for the day of the wedding, conduct the rehearsal, and coordinate the marriage celebration the day of the wedding.
- The Coordinator is the source of information regarding wedding procedures at our church and can answer any questions you may have concerning florists and photographers, etc.
- The Coordinator is here to help make your wedding as special and individual as possible. Wedding services, bridal consultants, and similar persons need to confer with the Wedding Coordinator regarding all plans.
- Any additional wedding services beyond your church wedding ceremony will be arranged separately.
- The purpose of the wedding rehearsal is to familiarize the wedding party with the wedding procedure, so that everyone will be as comfortable as possible and know what their responsibilities are.
- It is the bride and groom’s responsibility to have people present on time at their rehearsal. Another rehearsal may be scheduled to follow yours.
- The Wedding Coordinator is in charge of the rehearsal. The rehearsal will require approximately 30 minutes to one hour of time.
- All ushers and attendants (including ring bearer and flower girl, if applicable) and parents of the bride and groom should be present.
- Most rehearsals take place on the day before the wedding. Should conflicts arise, other times during the week of the wedding may be arranged by conferring with the Wedding Coordinator.
Music for Your Wedding
- The wedding is a service of worship, during which two people unite their lives in the eyes of God and in the company of those dearest to them.
- Music selection should be approved by assigned pastor.
- The Organist of First United Methodist Church is included in your fee. If you would like a guest organist/musician, please clear this with the organist.
- A vocal or instrumental soloist is the choice of the bride and groom. Please have the soloist contact the organist/pianist to schedule their rehearsal.
- Should you wish to have a soloist, but don’t know of one, our Organist or our Director of Music will be happy to arrange for one of our excellent vocal soloists, if desired. Fees for additional musicians are not part of the church’s wedding fees and must be arranged and paid for directly with the musicians involved.