Join the Cathedral
What does Membership mean at The Cathedral of the Rockies?
To some, membership means privilege – those special rights that only members have. However, a better understanding of membership is that you have special responsibilities. As a member, you will be responsible to know Christ, to grow in Christ, to serve Christ and to share Christ. This means that you take seriously the promises to support the church with your prayers, your gifts, your time, your presence, and your witness. The Cathedral of the Rockies’ commitment to you, as a member, is to equip you to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
What do I do if I want to join The Cathedral of the Rockies?
If you are considering membership at The Cathedral of the Rockies, the first step is to attend Coffee with the Pastor. Coffee with the Pastor sessions are held at both the downtown and Amity campuses approximately six times a year. The sessions will be relaxed and informative and usually last about one hour and are held in the Bishop’s Lounge on Sundays at 12:30pm. At Coffee with the Pastor you’ll learn more about the church, get to know our pastors and staff ,and review what it means to be a member of this congregation of the United Methodist Church. Near the end of the session, there will be a short joining ceremony for those who decide to become a member or want to be baptized. Childcare is available for children up through 5th grade. At the downtown campus, the nursery is located downstairs. Follow the signs from the Main Entrance into the building or use the elevator around the corner to the right from the stairway to lead to the nursery.
The next Coffee with the Pastor session at the downtown campus will be held Sunday, July 21, at 12:30pm in the Bishop’s Lounge. The date for the next Coffee with the Pastor session at Amity will be determined soon. If you’d like to attend, please let us know by calling Cindy Todeschi, Director of Outreach at 343-7511 ext. 253 or by e-mailing Cindy.
A baptism class is offered on the second Sunday of every month at 12:30 p.m. in the large conference room upstairs. For more information, please feel free to contact our baptism coordinator, Nancy Troy at 343-7511 ext. 225.
What is expected of members?
- Seek to worship routinely.
- Strive to continue to grow in your faith.
- Look for ways to serve God through hands on ministry.
- Give in proportion to your income to God through the church.
The following questions are those asked at membership:
- Do you in the presence of God and this congregation renew the vow and promise made at your baptism?
- Do you truly want to be transformed by God into a faithful disciple of Christ Jesus?
- Do you believe in God our Creator, Christ our Redeemer and in the Holy Spirit our Sustainer?
- Do you believe and profess the Christian faith as contained in the Scriptures of both the Old and New Testaments?
- Do you promise, according to the grace given you, to keep God’s holy will and commandments and walk in the same all the days of your life as faithful members of Christ’s holy church?
- Will you be loyal to Jesus Christ through this congregation of the United Methodist Church and uphold it by your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your witness and your service?
Young people between the ages of 13 and 18 are encouraged to consider joining through the confirmation process.
Find out more by going to the Youth Ministries page.
We encourage new members to become involved in Small Groups to continue growing in their faith. Welcome to the Cathedral – a place of promise and hope!