NEW ALPHA COURSE BEGINNING WEDNESDAY APRIL 3rd!
Come and see what more than 300 of your fellow members and congregants have experienced and discovered during this 10-week course.
“I’m learning more about putting my life in God’s hands. I pray differently than I used to – more about how I can have a servant’s heart and live in the way God wants me to.”
– Katie Hammon, Alpha host Fall 2010
“Before the course I considered myself pretty faithful but a little lost on how to bring my faith outward. Now I see the type of Christian I was and the type I can be. I think I’ve become a lot more faithful and can express that better. I enjoyed being able to talk to other people about faith without being told how to practice my faith; and also feeling welcome.”
– Rebecca Mabile, Alpha participant Fall 2010
Whether you are without faith, not sure about your faith, want to expand your faith, or need a “faith booster”, Alpha is your source. Maybe you know someone who is looking for answers to “What is the meaning of life?” The course format is very informal and encourages discussion in a non-judgmental environment. Alpha is a terrific starting point for those who desire to participate in small-group and bible studies, but don’t know where to start.
What is the point of Life? What happens when we die? Is forgiveness possible? What relevance does Jesus have for our lives today?
WHAT IS ALPHA?
The Alpha course is an opportunity for anyone to explore the Christian faith. It’s relaxed, non-threatening, low key, friendly, and fun. You will have an opportunity to get to know each other. Listen, learn, discuss, and discover. And ask anything. Alpha is a place where no question is too simple or too hostile. And it’s supported by all the main Christian denominations.
The Alpha course consists of a series of talks looking at topics such as “Who is Jesus?” and “Why and how do I pray?” After each talk we divide into small groups for a time of discussion.
WHO IS ALPHA FOR?
Alpha is for everyone, especially:
- Those wanting to investigate Christianity
- New Christians
- Newcomers to the church
- Those who want to brush up on the basics
WHEN WILL IT START?
The next Alpha courses will be offered in the Spring of 2013. The class will officially begin Wed. April 3rd and will run through Wed. June 5th, 6:00-7:30pm
WHAT WILL IT COST?
There is no charge for the Alpha course, although you may be asked to make a donation towards your own materials. For those taking the Wednesday night class, we invite you to come for our Wonderful Wednesday dinner at 5:00pm and sit with the other Alpha class participants. The cost of the meal is a suggested donation of $5 per adult, $3 per child and $12 per family. Childcare is provided free of charge for the entire evening.
If you are interested in learning more about Alpha, we encourage you to go to www.alphausa.org. To sign up for a course, please contact Alpha Director, Jere Robertson, email@example.com, or Director of Adult Discipleship, Jenny Willison.
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT ALPHA?
This is what people from other churches have said about the Alpha experience:
- “For the novice Christian like me, the Alpha Course provided an excellent road map/blueprint and is the impetus which will propel me down a lifelong path of committed Christian faith.” –Ron S.
- “When I first signed up for Alpha, I was afraid I wouldn’t know enough to be able to participate. … When I got into Alpha, I found there were a lot of people just like me who wanted to learn more. Alpha was a very safe environment in which to ask questions.” –Susan B.
- “Coming to Alpha as spiritual novices, we had our expectations exceeded far beyond our hopes. Jeff, Martha, and everyone else greeted us weekly with warmth, enthusiasm, support, and a tremendous knowledge of Christianity and the personal connection that is there to be made for every one of us. Alpha offered a fantastic foundation and gave us even more momentum as we continued in our journey of faith.” — Steve and Nicole
- “It was an amazing experience for me. I attended this class looking for clarification of my beliefs and a way to make this Church feel more like my Church home. My initial goals were met and exceeded. The leader led us in very thought provoking sermons and the small groups each evening gave us the opportunity to share our thoughts in a very stimulating and safe environment. I would recommend this class to anyone!” –Lori M.
- “It was a quick start to my long idle Christian walk. I enjoyed the simple way some questions were answered.” –Gary S.