Coordinating Assistant - Amity Campus
Part timeWe are so exciting you are considering a role serving in ministry with the Cathedral of the Rockies—Amity Campus. The Cathedral is the largest UMC in the west and we are looking for the very best people to help our guests connect to Christ. We believe all are welcome, all means all. If you’re interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume. Or, call 208-362-2168 and ask for Donna or Pastor Rob to get more info. Thanks for considering joining the team!
Learn more or apply…
- Email…send a resume to email@example.com or call 208-362-2168.
- Call…We can grab coffee and share more. 208-362-2168, ask for Donna or Pastor Rob.
- You report to…Pastor Rob. In Rob’s absence, you report to Pastor Debbie.
- Reporting to you…Volunteer leaders
The role involves…
- Assist the Campus Pastor… The Coordinating Assistant will be the primary assistant to the campus pastor with the role to connect people to Christ through the Amity Campus.
- Relationships…you will work to be the first face to which many people may connect. You will invite people, connect and follow-up with visitors, nurture persons toward membership, and focus on retention through relationship development. A deep heart for ministry and the role of the church in the community is critical.
- Communicate…You will assist with program development by handling the coordination and communication of church events. You’ll play a key role coordinating our leaders and offer your own ideas for ministry improvement. You will use in person methods, email, social media, phone, text, Planning Center Online. modules, etc.
- Social media…this position involves a significant amount of computer work. You will manage our campus social media presence by publishing events on facebook, posting videos we create to YouTube and Vimeo, and responding to instant message from our social media sites. We would prefer you help record and do some light video editing as well, if it meets your gift set. We can also train you.
- Office…You will staff the office personally and recruit volunteers to assist. You will handle some basic office work like database management, bulletin prep, campus calendar management, key check out, end of year reports, and make campus purchases when needed.
- Multi-campus connection…you will work with staff at both campuses to ensure marketing, finance, etc. have what they need for the campus and vice-versa. You may also attend some planning meetings at our downtown campus in absence of the pastor as well as attend our all-staff gatherings quarterly.
- Other roles…you could lead a small group, teach a class, lead something that meets your gift set and focuses on church growth and development.
Skills needed include…
- Background…you must pass a criminal background check called “Safe Gatherings” to be eligible. If you are selected as a candidate, we will provide further information. Any background that involves a felony, violence, or recent substance abuse makes you ineligible.
- Transportation…you must have dependable transportation and a valid drivers’ license.
- Personal skills…you should be highly friendly and approachable. You should driven, able to multi-task, remain highly organized, and be a self-starter capable of finishing a project without someone over your shoulder.
- Technical skills…you should have a high comfort level with computers including Office 365, Google Drive, Facebook events, and other more modern social media in conjunction with our marketing team.
- Preferred, but not required skills include… background coordinating events or ministry is a big plus. Also a plus is experience with Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, photography, and light video recording/editing is a plus. Previous seminary or ministry experience is also a plus but is not required.
- Compensation…this position is 1/2 time salary. Compensation will be based upon the candidate’s experience.
- Days/Hours…This is on-site work and includes 2-3 days a week in the office from 5-6 hours each day. The days have characteristically been Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but this can be modified. Sunday mornings are required from 8:30-12. Some evenings may be traded for daytimes around events, but this will be limited and flexible. Some weeks during busy times of the year (Christmas, Easter) may require more time when other weeks (especially during the summer) may require less.
- Flexibility…adjustments to the schedule for family or other commitments is definitely possible. The work schedule can be very flexible depending on the candidate. Students or working parents will find this can be a fit.
- Start date…as soon as possible, though flexibility can be provided to the right candidate.
Experienced Childcare Worker Needed for Parent's Day Out Program. Great part time job, 9am-1pm, 2-3 mornings per week. Must love children and be able to lift 40lbs.
Interested candidates should contact Kristin at 208.343.7511.